Tuesday, November 22, 2011

About This Blog

 

Qiaofeng (QF) Musings has its humble beginnings in the CNA Forum "Market Talk".
It started with QF posing his thots to articles he read under 2 threads:
"Good Articles N Such" and "Good Opportunities N Such"-- in response to the rapidly changing Macro environment  and its effects on  Investment or Equity Opportunities in 2007/2008.

As a value seeking bottoms-up investor, QF had an inherent disdain for the Macro news as a catalyst for investment decisions. However, through out the GFC (Global Financial Crisis),  QF discovered that the Global investing and biz world is too  closely interlinked and intertwined----  that the web of cross border finances   and that rapidly changing news flow can affect and effect  biz decisions and outcomes in very "unpredictable" ways.

For example, when Lehman collapsed, the MMF (Money market funds ) almost collapsed and the the "trust" amongst FIs (Financial Institutions) were so low that LCs (Letter of Credits) seized and  global trade collapsed causing many biz models and entire industries to collapse in countries remote from the epicentre because they were linked through the USD, as reserve currency of choice.


QF wrote many of his musings on the CNA Forum predicting the rise  and regionalisation of the RMB, its use by countries that trade with China, and a eventual internationalisation of the RMB; way back when the crisis first started in 2007/2008.

There were many other musings on the TARP issue, QE1.0, QE2.0 for the Macro environment and on Stocks such as Pac Andes and MIIF. Those that followed the 2 threads would know.

However, the CNA Forum went through a format change, recently--- so  the 2 threads were entirely lost and deleted. To make matters worse, the "new" CNA Forum has many posting issues and was too "unfriendly" for QF's liking.

At the prompting of some friends, QF finally embarked on the 1st tentative step to blogging when he failed to join the "Valuebuddies Forum", due to some technical issues which the administrator there has since resolved.

Blogging takes up quite some effort and QF has had great inertia making the change.
QF's musings on the CNA Forum had  like some 1000 plus page views for each of the 2 threads, over each weekend before it ceased due to the forum format change, as such there were many faithful followers whom I had communicated and reached out to.

QF does not profit monetarily from his postings. But, I do have a deep sense of satisfaction in the sharing of my thots and my lessons in investing, in my CNA Forum sojourn.

Hence, I am continuing that sojourn through my own blog here.

6 comments:

Anchovies said...

Dear QF

Thank you for the continued sharing of your views.

Many of them are really insightful.

Not good at expressing my appreciation.
Just want you to know i am your supporter!

qiaofeng said...

Hi Anchovies,

Great to know that U succeeded to post your comment.
I did not know that you had difficulties posting until I went back to "Market Talk" at CNA Forum.
Blogging is a new experience and I am still learning. So give me feedback, guys!!

Btw, I did join "Valuebuddies" forum, eventually and I am having some useful discussions with some very great guys (in terms of investing knowledge) there!!

Anchovies said...

Hi QF

Ahh... from the name.. it must be a value forum!
Shall visit!

I can see some evolving happening in your forums already! Looking good now.

Is there a chatbox we can all just chitchat on?

qiaofeng said...

Erm...
Please tell me what does this chitchat box do (instant messaging?) and how I can add it, if I find it useful.

For instant messaging, it may be too demanding, I dun want to be available 24/7.

Anchovies said...

Hi QF

Haha sorry, i am not too sure too...
From other blogs i believe i have seen a chatbox before.

Dont think its a messager. I believe it works like a small bulletin board at a corner for all to view.

aarongrey112 said...

Hi, Nice site I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing. Would it be possible if I contact you through your email? Please email me back. Thanks!

Aaron Grey
aarongrey112 at gmail.com


"Wisdom is purified by virtue and virtue is purified by wisdom. Where one is, so is the other."